When does the awards launch?
The awards will launch and be open for entries on 13 June 2022.
Who can enter the awards?
The Rail Business Awards recognise excellence in the UK rail industry across technical projects, safety, marketing and customer service plus celebrating the success of individuals and teams who make a difference.
To see the range of categories on offer visit our enter now page by clicking here.
When is the entry deadline?
Entries close on Friday 30 September at 17:00 BST. If you require an extension to this deadline you can apply by clicking here to fill out our short form.
It is the entrants responsibility to ensure that all entries are completed and fully uploaded to the site by this date.
How do I enter?
All work should be entered using our online entry system.
1. Select the category you wish to enter
(You can select additional categories from the drop down menu in the basket and the clicking the green + button)
2. You will then be redirected to a registration page for new users or login page for returning users
3. You will need to supply the following information for each category you enter:
- Company name
- Project name / initiative
- 50 word summary
- Written statement (no more than 2500 words)
- Supporting material (optional)
- Image that represents the project - this will be used in the awards presentation if shortlisted
- Company logo - this will be used on the entrants directory page on our website
- Company website - this will be used on the entrants directory page on our website
- Twitter handle
- Video link (optional)
It is the entrant's responsibility to ensure that they have (written) permission from any owner of the supporting material they are wishing to upload.
4. Once all mandatory fields have been answered you can proceed to payment. Here you should complete your companies billing address.
5. Once completed you will then be asked to select to pay via credit card or invoice.
Invoices will be emailed directly to the email address assigned to the login credentials. For credit card payments you will be redirected to an online payment page hosted by Paypal. Please note that we are currently unable to accept payments from American Express credit cards.
6. A Confirmation email will be automatically emailed to the address assigned to the login credentials as soon as you complete your order. If this is not received check your junk mail folder and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does it cost to enter?
Entries are charged at £99 + VAT per entry per category.
Entries can be paid via credit card at the time of submission or you can select to pay by invoice.
Entries must be paid before judging commences in October. If we have not received payment for entries by this date you will be disqualified.
How do I pay for my entry?
Entries can be paid for by credit card or invoice at the time of submission.
You will be redirected to DVV Media International's payment page hosted by Paypal.
You do not need to set up a PayPal account, you simply submit credit card details.
Once completed you will receive a receipt from both PayPal and Rail Business Awards. If you do not receive both, please email email@example.com
We do not accept American Express,
Once you have selected the invoice option you will have the opportunity to input a Purchase Order Number if you have one.
If you have a purchase order number at a later date please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org who will assign this to your invoice and re-issue.
Invoices will be issued at the point of submission and emailed to the address assigned to the login credentials. It is the entrants responsibility to ensure that this is forwarded to their accounts team for payment.
Invoice terms are 30 days.
If you have not received the invoice from email@example.com, please check your junk mail and spam filters.
What categories are there?
Categories available to enter are:
- Young Professional
- Wellbeing in Rail Award
- Diversity in Rail Award
- Education & Training Excellence
- Rail Team of the Year
- Industry Leader
- Richard Hope Award (outstanding personal contribution)
Technical & Engineering Awards
- Asset Management & Maintenance Excellence
- International Supplier of the Year
- Innovation of the Year
- Infrastructure Project Excellence
- Station Excellence
- Supplier & Contractor Excellence
- Sustainability & Environmental Excellence
- Customer Service Excellence
- Safety & Security Excellence
- Marketing & Communications
- Rail Freight & Logistics Excellence
- Train Operator of the Year
- Rail Business of the Year
You can find the criteria for each category in our entry guide.
What is the word count?
Your entry statement should be no more than 2500 words.
What do I put in the image upload section?
A high-resolution version of your company logo and a supporting picture should be uploaded at this point of your submission. These will be used in the awards presentation if your entry is shortlisted.
If I start an entry can I go back to it at a later date?
Yes, please press the “Save for Later” button which will then move your incomplete entry into your “Saved Items”. When you are ready to submit you can log back in, go to your saved items tab to make any necessary changes before selecting the “Move to Basket” button which will allow you to complete your transaction.
Can I edit my entry after I have submitted it?
Yes, as long as it is before the final entry deadline of 17:00BST on 30 September 2022.
If you log back in, your entry will be held under the Awards > Nominations section. You will then be able to select the “edit” button and make necessary changes. Please be sure to press save.
After 17:00BST on 30 September 2022 no further changes can be made.
How do I add multiple files to my entry?
You will need to collate all of the documents, photos or PDFs you wish to enter into one folder and convert this to a .zip file.
You can do so by right clicking on the relevant folder, going down on the menu to the “Send to” option and then click Compressed (zipped folder).
The maximum file size we can accept is 5MB per file and 40MB per folder. To reduce the folder size you may wish to convert individual documents within a folder to PDF if appropriate.
How will my entry be judged?
Entries will be judged by a distinguished panel of experts drawn from the rail industry selected by Railway Gazette.
Decisions of the judges will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
If an entry is deemed more appropriate for another category, Rail Business Awards reserve the right to move this without notifying the entrant in advance.
I have sensitive information in my entry how will it be used?
We ask all of our judges to sign a confidentiality agreement before we allow them to begin the judging process and review any entries.
Any confidential or sensitive information included in your entry must be clearly marked.
Winners of the awards will have an overview of their entry published on www.railwaygazette.com. Any information that shouldn’t be included should be clearly marked within your entry.
When will I know if I've been shortlisted?
You will be informed via email if your entry has been shortlisted in late November.
As a shortlisted company you will also be able to download a finalist logo, e-signature and social media image to promote yourself.